oung designers are at the heart of my job as a Professor of Graphic Design in the School of Industrial + Graphic Design at Auburn University. Their fresh views and energy bring me enormous joy. I teach them to create a vision, design a solution and build confidence in their methods of communicating.
The projects included are a selective collection of works from the best and the brightest students I've ever had the privilege of teaching in my studio courses. I look forward to adding more to the list each semester.
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA // Basic Principles of web design and user experience.
- KINETIC TYPOGRAPHY // Basic principles of time-based communication.
- INTRO TO GRAPHIC DESIGN // Processes, techniques, basic terminology and concepts of the profession.
- GRAPHIC PROCESSES // Basic methods of preparing art for graphic reproduction in print and web design.
- DIRECTED STUDY // Individual, project-based course focusing on a specific topic of interest.
- SENIOR PROJECT // Final required course for a BFA in graphic design.
Student Achievements (short list)
- 2016 GRAPHIS NEW TALENT GOLD AWARD // Eddie Carmona in Kinetic Typography
- 2015 GRAPHIS NEW TALENT SILVER AWARD // Michael Powers in Kinetic Typography
- 2017 GDUSA AMERICAN PACAKGE DESIGN AWARD // Will Givens in Intro to Graphic Design
- 2016 GDUSA AMERICAN PACAKGE DESIGN AWARD // Charlotte Weaver in Intro to Graphic Design
- 2015 UCDA DESIGN COMPETITION EXCELLENCE AWARD // Eddie Carmona in Kinetic Typography